Home About Us Contact Us

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Week 36 ((it's getting real & scary))

So.. this week I started my weekly visits to the doctors until the little one decides to come! My Momma & Jayce went like always--they are the best support system ever I love having them at each & every doctors appointment!! Well, I have told you guys how bad my swelling is & how it concerned me but when I went to the doctors 2 weeks for my normal check up (@ 34 weeks) I asked them and they said that it was pretty normal but I needed to put my feet up as much as possible and all that normal jazz to help with the swelling.  I keep my feet up everytime I am at home--this week & last was pretty busy but the swelling I have sort of just got used to. Other than that and some pretty bad back & body aches I have felt pretty good over the past couple weeks.  So, I go to the docs on Tuesday & I get on the scale to see that I had gained weight... not just a little weight--I had weighed myself monday (I have been weighing myself every Monday since I was 16 weeks just so I know how much I am gaining) by the docs scale I was currently standing on I would've gained 14 pounds over night... yes 14 I'm like WOAH that can NOT be right explained to her that I had just weighed myself the day before and all that so she decided to take me to a different scale and see what it says... I instantly lost 6 lbs. thank god but... I was still by there scales up 8 pounds! 8 pounds overnight I thought this was crazy so I knew I had to way myself at home asap... so once I got home I hopped on my scale to see that I had honestly gained 5 pounds over night---FIVE POUNDS!! are you kidding me? How is this even possible!! I thought it was crazy but then I weighed myself yesterday to see that I was up 2.5 MORE pounds I try to weigh at the same time everyday so I haven't weighed myself today but I would be up a total of 7.5 pounds since Monday. Crazy I know but back to my doc appointment... so after we get the weight thing figured out I of course had to leave a urine sample for them to check... They check that and come in to tell me that I have protein in my urine then they take my blood pressure & that is slightly high ( not much but its higher than what normal is)... instantly I begain to kinda freak out in my head of course because I know from all the things I have read that...
  • rapid weight gain
  • protein in the urine
  • excessive swelling
  • high blood pressure
are all signs of preeclampsia... I'm sure all of you moms out there know what this is but if not....

What Is Preeclampsia?

Also referred to as toxemia, preeclampsia is a condition that pregnant women can get. It is marked by high blood pressure accompanied with a high level of protein in the urine. Women with preeclampsia will often also have swelling in the feet, legs, and hands. Preeclampsia, when present, usually appears during the second half of pregnancy, generally in the latter part of the second or in the third trimesters, although it can occur earlier.

*this information can be found  here.

This condition can be veryyy dangerours for the mother & the child... After discussing this with the doctor he told me he wanted to see me back on Friday instead of waiting a week & that they would be doing a biophysical ultrasound--this is to make sure everything is still ok for the baby.  I am so glad that we are getting the ultrasound done but at the same time I am still freaking out!! It doesn't matter where you read about preeclampsia you will read that the only "real" way to cure this is delivery of the baby.  To me this makes perfect since on Friday I will be 36w4d but I am to the point where if all the symptoms are still there on Friday when I go back for my appointment why risk leaving the little guy in there and possibly have the problem worsen to the point where we don't have an option other than to get him out & get him out FAST where if he would induce labor now/soon we would be okay.  I'm not sure what is going to or will happen but I know this worrying is just getting worse I document every movement from the little guy just so I know exactly when the last kick was and how long it had bene since I felt him last! The whole situation is becoming unbelievably stressful I'm not sure how they expect me to make it the next 4 weeks with this kind of worrying! BUT hopefully tomorrow after my appointment I will have some kind of good news to tell you guys!!

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

  1. I had pre-e really bad. I was o the verge of HELLP when they delivered my son at 34 weeks. I had the horrible swelling no matter what I did. I limted my salt intake and always put my feet up. Hang in there, you are so close! Just continue to monitor yourself, I knew mine got bad when I had a very sharp pain right under my right boob that didn't go away with tums or a warm bath. I was admitted that night and induced the next day b/c my liver enzymes were very high. Hang in there, like I said you are sooooo close! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete